National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day 2019 Events Round Up #3
This is our 5th National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day!
Thank you to all of you who have got in touch with us to let us know what you have planned.
This is our third installment of what events are planned around the UK!
*Surrey Police – Surrey Police are launching the Operation Sportsafe Awareness Campaign. Launching 18th March, local sports and activity clubs for children have a vital role in identifying and protecting children that could be at risk of exploitation and we need your help to work with us and stop this abuse. Please click HERE to book on to this event.
*Crimestoppers Scotland – Crimestoppers Scotland will be running a campaign across Scotland on CSE Awareness Day (and throughout the week) encouraging young people to look out for their friends and spot the signs of CSE, extending this to county lines, consent etc over the course of the week.
*Basis Young People and Basis Boys – on 18th March, Basis will be holding their ‘Campaign to End Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) 2019’ – now in its 3rd Year! The event will largely consist of a number of interactive workshops designed and facilitated by young people we have been supporting as well as other input presented in the form of art or spoken word. The event is aimed at practitioners as well as anyone else that is committed to ending child sexual exploitation. The Basis Team as we will also raising funds and awareness at Leeds Station (14th March) and City Centre (16th March).
*Avon and Somerset Police – Avon and Somerset Police are holding a Child Sexual and Criminal Exploitation Conference on 13th March at Avon and Somerset Police HQ in Portishead, Bristol. They will be talking about their work to tackle CSE. They will be joined by speakers from Unseen and Barnardos. – This event is unfortunately now full.
Throughout March they will be raising the awareness of CSE by going into secondary schools, attending school assemblies, parents evenings and carrying out staff awareness events. As well as meeting with members of the public in local shopping centres and on high streets across their force area.
*Bright Futures – Bright Futures have been working on a range of projects with different groups in the lead up to National CSE Awareness Day:
– Young Mums Groups are completing education work around CSE and creating embroidered cross stitch hearts.
– Community and Mini Ambassadors Groups have been completing a 10 week project in the lead up to National CSE Awareness Day which will see them create mosaic boards raising awareness of CSE, these will be displayed at two of Bright Futures Community Hubs.
– Education work and school assemblies will be delivered in secondary schools across Tyne and Wear
*Doncaster Children’s Services Trust – Doncaster Child Exploitation Team will be offering the following work in the lead up to CSE Awareness day and throughout March.
– Delivering training to professionals via the LSCB
– Assemblies for young people in local Secondary Academies
– Workshops for children and parents in local junior and infant schools
– Delivering training to volunteers for the LSCB
– Safeguarding training for local GP’s and health professionals
*West Yorkshire Police – West Yorkshire Police are hosting a conference on 18th March, with invited partners including speakers from NWG, Barnardos and Children’s Social Care to engage with local businesses and other agencies to increase awareness of the signs of CSE, how to report it and what work is being done to disrupt it throughout Bradford.
The one day event will provide a one stop learning experience that will increase the communities ability to spot the signs of CSE, protect vulnerable children and report concerns formally to enable agencies to target specific risks quickly and effectively.
*Virgincare Essex – on 18th March Virgincare will be holding an awareness event for frontline staff in each of the four quadrants, this will consist of maned stands containing leaflets, posters, video clips and other resources in order to raise awareness.
*Canterbury Community Safety Partnership (CSP), Canterbury Local Children’s Partnership Group (LCPG) and Canterbury Early Help and Preventative Services (EHPS) in partnership – Are holding a free awareness raising event on 14th March. Aimed at all those in the Canterbury District who work with and support vulnerable children and young people, from across education, policing, prevention, social care and the Community and Voluntary Sector (CVS). Booking and more information can be found here.
*Yeovil Hospital – Yeovil Hospital will have a CSE stand
*Family Support – Family Support (Flintshire Social Services) are holding a CSE Awareness event which will include a variety of agency stalls with information regarding services and advice. Informative drop-in sessions available to everyone. This event is open to the whole community and is running from 10am-2pm.
*South Tyneside – South Tyneside will be posting on social media, they will be having staff information briefing for the whole of South Tyneside Council and South Tyneside Homes. Newly designed posters and Burgundy Ribbons (made by young people) will be available to circulate and wear, they will have local press coverage, lighting up of the town hall (with the possibility of flying a burgundy flag) and they are also planning a special CSE picture using a drone!
*Buckinghamshire and Thames Valley Police – will be actively promoting Stop CSE Awareness Day on their social media channels (@RUWiseBucks and the Buckinghamshire County Council channels), and will be posting some of our messages throughout the month in the lead-up.
* The National Fostering Agency – The NFA are holding a ‘Spot and Stop Exploitation’ week in Bolton starting 18th March.
* AlterEgo – 18th March they have three teams of ‘Chelsea’s Story’ – raising awareness around Child Sexual Exploitation in Cumbria, Dorset and Cambridge. Four teams of ‘CountyLines’ – raising awareness around Child Criminal Exploitation (and it’s crossover with CSE) in Bedfordshire, Gloucestershire, Plymouth and for the MET Police in London and one team of ‘Click’ raising awareness around eSafety and online grooming in East Sussex.
* Operation Sport Safe Event – On 18th March NWGs Kev will be delivering a presentation on abuse in Sport to clubs and governing bodies in Surrey. Launching on National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day, local sports and activity clubs for children have a vital role in identifying and protecting children that could be at risk of exploitation and we need your help to work with us and stop this abuse.
* West Yorkshire Police – 18th March – West Yorkshire Police will be holding a Disruption Event in Bradford where NWGs Steve will be delivering a presentation on consent, other presentations on the day will look at how to develop and improve community awareness of CSE. The event is by invite and is aimed at a strategic audience.
* CSE Conference at Sheffield Uni – 21st March – NWGs Phil will be chairing the event for criminology students at the University which will include input from Sarah Champion MP, Jayne Senior and a survivor from Rotherham.
*Metropolitan Police CSE conference – 18th March – NWGs Kay will be attending on behalf of the NWG and will be delivering an input on disruption and exploitation. The conference is focusing on CSE and CCE, including county lines.
*NSPCC – 19th March – NWGs Phil Ashford will be attending the NSPCC’s launch event for the programme evaluation of their Protect & Respect project. The event is an opportunity for attendees (invite only) to hear the key learning from the evaluation and how these are affecting further development of CSE work. Phil will also be taking part in a Q&A session as a panel member. This event will be held at the NSPCC HQ in London.
*The Youth Commission for Guernsey and Alderney – throughout the week of the 18th March; they’ll be delivering workshops in Guernsey and Alderney schools to raise awareness with students, as well as with school staff, encouraging them to join the #HelpingHands Campaign!
Take a look at Sheila Taylor’s #CSEDay19 blog
Download our #CSEDay19 key messages document
Purchase your #CSEDay19 stickers before they become out of stock!
If you would like to tell us about your events please email either use the online form or email email@example.com
If you have any write ups/press releases or pictures from your events we would love to see and share them.
Please use #CSEDay19 and #HelpingHands for social media, plus Text VOICE to 70007 if you wish to support the NWG network.
Resources can be downloaded or ordered from our online shop and our www.stop-ce.org website
If you know of an event taking place in your area please do let us know and we will feature it in our next roundup and also put it on our map.